Boston Plantation Shutters
High quality but low price
The Boston Basswood Shutters Range is crafted from solid basswood. Basswood is a very competitively priced hardwood and popular material for shutters. All shutter stiles have mortice and tenon joints to prevent warping and ensure prolonged quality and durability. We have kept the price low by offering limited options and colours. We also use MDF frames but this is not noticeable.
• Low priced, high quality
• Tough but feels really good when clicking open and shut
• Best value wood shutters on the UK market
Carolina FSC Shutters
High quality, robust shutters
Our Carolina shutter range is made from very robust and high quality, Forestry Stewardship Certified hardwood, with an engineered core to prevent any possibility of warping. Carolina shutters are well suited to areas where extra durability is required either around the home or for commercial premises. This range can be made to your special requirements with different thickness stiles and rails or even louvers. The architects choice for truly custom shutters.
• Beautiful tight grain with smooth finish
• Very strong and robust hardwood
• Ideal for commercial applications where a wood product is preferred
Technically superb, aesthetically perfect
The Georgia is an engineered multi material solid painted tough low cost shutter. The stile and rails are made with a strong laminated timber core, wrapped in MDF and coated in an etched plastic. The louvres are extruded ABS (The same tough plastic electric kettles are made from) and are very strong allowing for extra widths not possible with Timber or MDF.
The whole shutter and frame (MDF) is then paint finished in a choice of 28 colours.
• 915mm Maximum Single Panel Width
• 620mm Bi Fold and 3 from hinge Tier on Tier OK
• F&B Colours in a low cost shutter
• Looks as good as wood but is stronger
Hollywood Plantation Shutters
Our New Bathroom Shutter is NOW available. Constructed from ABS with a Matt finish and reinforced style this range is ideal for harsh environments. Suitable for bathrooms and wet damp areas this tough but elegant shutter range will look at home in any situation.
• 100% Waterproof
• Hardwearing and robust
• Colour range of 6 Whites
A natural timber feel
The Phoenix Shutter is made in a very light, grainy timber offering a superb character look stained and paint finished. It’s is ideal on very wide openings where tracking is not desired. It is also used for conservatory roof shutters. It is also our most eco timber as its grown to full height in only 8 years and harvested like wheat. It is grown to make shutters thereby locking up carbon better than the Kyoto treaty does.
• Very light, idea for conservatory roof shutters
• Very real character and rich colours when stained
• Good for very large partitions and openings where tracking is not desirable
• When paint finished has good texture
Seattle MDF Shutters
Durable and low cost shutters
The Seattle MDF Shutters are engineered with an LVL core, LDF outer body and polymer coated in a choice of Five white extremely durable finishes. For very low priced plantation shutters MDF is the most popular choice, it is mainly purchased for its budget price but premium looks. Maintenance free and very strong, with a wipe clean surface. Impervious to kids with crayons it is also the interior designer’s contemporary choice.
• Very Durable Shutters
• Very low cost Shutters
• Hard to tell apart from plantation shutters costing twice as much
• Window shutters that never need repainting
Vancouver Wood Plantation Shutters
The best wooden shutters there are
Cedar Shutters are generally acknowledged as the best wooden shutters there are and our shutters are no exception. Made from Western Red Cedar, Cedar wood Shutters are available in painted, lacquered or oiled finishes. The “oiled” finish option provides the most natural appearance of any shutter available and are the natural choice for barns and warehouse conversions.
• Natural Oiled Finish, very matt in appearance
• Very light, good for conservatory roof shutters installations
• Elegant fine grain shows through paint finish with slight ripple effect
• Will last as long as your house will (probably!)
• Great in humid conditions, can even be used outside